We would like to inform you that next week Escobedo Middle School will administer the Winter 2020 MAP Assessment. When used in combination with other formative assessments, as part of a balanced assessment system, MAP provides educators with valuable data to use for making informed instructional decisions. MAP is required for all students in grades Kindergarten-10 (K-10).
MAP Testing for Escobedo Middle School is scheduled for the following dates:
- December 7-8 (Monday/Tuesday): Math
- December 9-10 (Wednesday/Thursday): ELA
- December 11, 14-18: MAKE-UP TESTING
On testing days, the students will log into their math or ELA class via Google Meet as usual, and the teacher will share the login information needed to begin the assessment on the student MAP testing website. Please make sure your child is on time for class, so he or she does not miss out on important information and has the maximum amount of time to complete the test. If your child does miss the test or does not finish during class time, the math and/or ELA teacher will reach out to them to attend virtual office hours to finish after school hours.
Teachers will be available in the Google Meet session during class to assist students who have questions or may experience technical difficulties. It is important your child stays on the Google Meet during the entire testing times.
To prepare for this assessment, students/families must:
1. Run a self-check on their devices using the NWEA Workstation Diagnostic website to verify they adhere to minimum requirements. Also, make sure your child's screen resolution is set to 100%. On Chromebooks, if the MAP test website will not open due to a resolution error, please press CTRL+SHIFT+0 to adjust the screen. Please allow pop-ups as well to avoid blocking the website.
2. Read the MAP Growth Testing Tips for Students to ensure students are mentally and physically prepared for testing. Do not worry if your child gets a question that is too hard or too easy or if they are getting asked questions about something they have never learned. The purpose of the assessment to collect data that our staff uses to plan future lessons based on where students currently are academically!
3. Prepare you and your family with what to expect and how to prepare your home environment for the assessment by reading the MAP Testing at Home Guide for Families.
It is also important your child completes the assessment on his or her own without assistance, so we will have an accurate picture of data to help your student grow and succeed in the classroom. MAP scores are not used as grades, but as data points used for strategic instructional
Thank you for your contribution in your child's education. We appreciate your assistance in allowing your student to show us what they know so we may continue to prepare them for the future.