Hello Escobedo Families and Happy New Year!
We hope you had a safe and restful Winter Break. This message contains key information you need to successfully return to school tomorrow, Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Please read it and the linked documents carefully.
We are referring to this day as our SECOND First Day of School, as it will be structured in a similar way. Students will report to their Alpha Room as shown on the linked chart. Directions for how to find their alpha room are explained on the actual document. Please read it carefully. Posters with this information are posted all around school in the Cafeteria and Quad areas.
In Alpha Room, students will get their schedule, a copy of the SECOND First Day of School Bell Schedule, and a copy of the new 6-period day Bell Schedule. Lunch is determined by the student's 3rd period, and is also clearly noted on the student's actual schedule in the 3rd period box. An example is shown on the bell schedule documents. Again, teachers will go over this with students during Alpha Room.
With regard to schedule changes, we will do our very best to honor schedule changes made in error - although the counseling team who worked on schedules over winter break worked very carefully to ensure accurate student placements. We will not be able to honor requests out of preference due to schedule limitations. If a schedule change is needed due to school error, please complete this form to notify the counseling office. Counselors will call students up when they are available to address needs at the end of this week and the beginning of next week; this preserves precious instructional time.
In addition, effective January 10, we will begin a new school-wide Tardy Sweep policy that aggressively addresses student tardiness. When caught in a tardy sweep, students will have progressive consequences encouraging a positive change in behavior. The goal is for all Escobedo students to be in class on time 100% of the time. These measures are necessary to protect the integrity of the learning environment for our students.
As we return to school tomorrow, we would like to remind all of our Boxers of a few important things:
1. Do not come to school if you have any COVID symptoms. It is important to ensure health and safety for all students and staff. Contact our Health Office if your child has symptoms or tests positive.
2. Masks are required by CCSD for all students and staff and must cover the nose and mouth. They are to be worn at all times on campus, except when exercising outside during PE. If a student is without a mask, he or she must report to the Health Office immediately.
3. Every student is expected to bring his or her Chromebook fully charged every day. Do not expect that you will be able to charge your Chromebook in class.
4. Students must sit socially distanced in the Cafeteria, and must sit in assigned seats in every classroom. This is for contact tracing purposes.
5. Students are not permitted to be in the halls for any reason during the first 10 minutes of last 10 minutes of their class periods.
6. Passing periods are four-minutes long and bathrooms will be open. Students are expected to use the restroom during passing periods.
7. Students will access their courses through Canvas via Clever.
For additional information, please visit our school website at www.escobedoms.com.
We are excited to welcome all of you back and look forward to a smooth second semester!
Escobedo Middle School Administration