School Counselor for Grades 6-8 (Alpha L-Z)
Hello, my name is Heather Horn and I am continuing my journey as a school counselor helping all students with issues that may be affecting their academics, career, and personal/social interactions. This will be my 7th year in school counseling and I am very excited to join Escobedo Middle School. I have the joy of working with students through classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling, and individual counseling. I also collaborate with school staff and parents in order to best meet the needs of students. I am able to assist with:
*Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
* Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
*Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision
making, resolving conflict and respecting others.
interventions to enhance student success.
* Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design
* Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Providing support during a personal crisis.
* Working with students on attendance issues.
* Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
* Developing student career awareness.
* Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.